Welcome to the Pro 4 Hosting Knowledge Base! This article provides information about how to get the most out of the Knowledge Base.
What is the Knowledge Base? #
The Knowledge Base (also sometimes referred to as the “KB”) is a collection of articles, guides, and tutorials. You can learn how to configure your account, find solutions to many common web hosting problems, and much more.
In short, if you want to configure your web site, fix a problem, or are just curious and want to learn more about web hosting at Pro 4 Hosting, the Knowledge Base is a good place to start.
Navigating the Knowledge Base #
You might want to do a quick search and go straight to the information you’re looking for. On the other hand, sometimes you might want to browse and see all the articles for a particular topic. Either way, we’ve got you covered.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find the most relevant articles to your question or issue, the search box is always there. On the Knowledge Base front page at https://www.pro4hosting.ro/knowledge-base/, it’s probably one of the first things you’ll notice. On other pages, the search bar is always there near the top, waiting for your inquiries.
For example, to view a list of all articles relating to SSL, just type ssl in the search box and then click .
Knowledge Base articles are organized into hierarchical categories, such as Getting Started, cPanel, Security, and more. Instead of searching, you can browse through these article categories to view related articles about a particular subject. On the Knowledge Base front page at https://www.pro4hosting.ro/knowledge-base/, the sidebar on the left side of the page provides the main entry point to the different categories.
Categories may also contain subcategories. You can always determine where you are in the Knowledge Base article hierarchy by looking at the navigation “breadcrumb” links provided near the top of the page. For example, the article you are reading right now fits into the hierarchy
Feel free to explore the different categories and see what’s there!
Anatomy of an article #
Articles in the Knowledge Base can contain some or all of the following sections:
- Table of Contents: Most articles, unless they are very short, contain a Table of Contents. The Table of Contents lists the main sections of an article. You can click a section heading to jump straight to that section.
- More Information: Many articles contain a More Information section that has useful links to external web sites for additional information. Please note that Pro 4 Hosting is not responsible for the content of these external web sites.
- Related Articles: Many articles contain a Related Articles section. These are other articles within the Pro 4 Hosting Knowledge Base that are related to the current article’s topic.
In addition to the sections described above, the Knowledge Base uses several visual elements to highlight information and help guide you through an article:
- Text that describes specific user interface elements is in bold. For example: On the Settings page, click .
- Text input that you type on the keyboard appears in a separate, monospaced font. For example: Type yes in the text box.
- There are also several highlighted areas that provide additional information:
This is a note. Notes provide additional information about a topic.This is a tip. Tips provide helpful information that can make a task quicker or easier to complete.This is important information that you should be aware of.This is a warning. Warnings provide information about actions that could potentially lead to data loss, web site malfunction, or other unpleasant scenarios.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for #
The Knowledge Base cannot cover every possible configuration or scenario. If you can’t find the answer to what you’re looking for, you can always open a ticket with the Pro 4 Hosting Guru Crew support team at https://www.pro4hosting.ro/portal/clientarea.php.